Skip to content
- Midweek League 6/12/2016 - The final midweek league match for 2016 saw club members return to the thick mud at Burnham Low Light. This was going to be the final decider for who would win the league as results throughout the year were very close. Was it going to be John Lintern or Russ Tinklin? I Know that there were plenty of pin whiting
- Midweek League 19/10/2016 - Weston beach was again the venue for this midweek match. Most of the 11 anglers who fished were not disappointed with the numbers of fish caught including ray ,conger, flounder and some very nice sized whiting. Russ Tinklin was the victor with a ray and about 7 whiting. Andy Shopland managed 1 conger to secure 2nd place and John Lintern
- Midweek League 6/9/2016 - Weston beach was the venue for this midweek match fished on a lovely calm, warm, September evening. 10 anglers took part and we were not to be disappointed with the number of fish being caught. All caught fish bar one. This was one of our more proficient shore anglers who I won’t name! Perhaps I will it was Tony Tandy.
- Midweek League 7/07/2016 - Berrow beach was the venue for this midweek league match on an extremely pleasant evening, but unfortunately there were very few fish caught with only three anglers catching. It was particularly pleasing that 12 club members turned up to fish including several new members. We are begining to see an increase in numbers attending all of our league matches which
- Midweek League 8/06/2016 - Weston Beach was fished on a very pleasant evening for the latest midweek match. Unfortunately several of the regulars were unavailable for this one but 6 of us fished and all caught fish. Nigel Pepper had been having a moan earlier that he had lost his knack of catching fish and was going to seek out John Lintern for advice.
- Midweek League 26/05/2016 - 8 club members fished Weston beach on a fine sunny evening. It was a match with mixed fortunes for some but for those who caught fish some excellent fish were beached. Most notably a silver eel of 2lb 5oz for Russ Tinklin, and a bass of 5lb 8oz fell to the rod of Tony Tandy. There was also a couple
- Midweek League 26/04/2016 - The latest midweek league match took place on Weston Beach, but it was one of those evenings when I think that all of us would have been far happier sitting in the warm at home. The weather was horrendous with strong windy squalls accompanied with rain making very difficult fishing conditions. However there were plenty of fish to be caught
- Midweek League 29/03/2016 - The first midweek league match of the year took place at Burnham Low Light and it was encouraging that 8 turned up to fish. This is an improvement in numbers attending on the previous couple of years, although we would always welcome more. All caught fish except 1 unfortunate angler who I won’t name. There were plenty of fish to