RNLI Charity Open 23/10/2016
This years RNLI Charity Open was fished using a new format for the first time by dividing the beach into two zones, A&B with anglers drawing for the zone they fish. This meant that there was no bunching up of anglers in the favourite areas and spreading the anglers more evenly along the beach. Prizes of £150, £100 & £50 were paid to the top three places in each zone and the remaining prizes were awarded alternatively between each zone.
84 anglers took part with 33 registering fish which consisted of conger, ray, sole, whiting, bass and the trusty Weston flounder.
- Mike Busby, Clevedon, 1 Sole, 2 Bass. 106cm
- Kevin Daley, Bristol, 1 Thornback, 1 Bass, 1 Whiting. 106cm
- Phil Thomas, Bristol, 1 Conger. 76cm
- Andy Madson, Bristol, 4 Bass, 1 Flounder. 123cm
- Phytos Yianni, Weston-s-Mare, 4 Bass. 106cm
- John Lintern, Axbridge 4 Bass. 88cm
- Top Junior. Cody Hawker, 1 Flounder. 39cm
- Longest flatfish. John Beer & Rob Marshall, Flounder. 40cm
- Longest round fish. Phil Thomas, Conger. 76cm
Weston-super-Mare SAA and the RNLI would like to thank all who particpated in this event.